December is the time for festive fun, Christmas concerts, and focusing on the positive things in our lives. This season can be difficult for some, so taking time to look at positives is very important. Here are some positives we have seen this year:
- We won in the Provincial Failure to Fill Arbitration, for the third time! We are heading to hearing again in January 2020 to determine remedy for Chilliwack teachers.
- There are fewer classes in remedy.
- Fourteen (14) grievances have been settled through Mediated Arbitration.
- We completed local bargaining by signing off on seven items.
- We have fewer open grievances as we have resolved more at the local level.
What are your positives and reasons for celebration?
No matter what you celebrate this season, may you enjoy time with family and friends. We look forward to seeing you all in the New Year!
Happy Winter Solstice!
Wishing you all the best of the season,
Ed, Danielle, and Reid